Kappa Search is a Chicago recruitment firm that specializes in engineering, manufacturing, supply chain and technical sales recruitment and placement. We are actively recruiting for a Product Engineer for a leading electro-mechanical products manufacturer. Responsibilities and requirements are outlined below.
- The Product Engineer will work with all facets of new product development, manufacturing and product management.
- Will assist in the design and development of the product in addition to interfacing with production and assembly.
- The incumbent will deal with issues of develop, design for manufacturability, quality assurance, performance, reliability, serviceability and user features.
- Will meet with prospects and customers to define new products and markets.
- Works with Sales and Marketing to identify or confirm customer needs and critical deliverables.
- Works with Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Quality Department to meet the quality and cost targets for current production products.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Several years experience with life cycle product development
- Several years experience interfacing with manufacturing, quality, sales and marketing.
- Experience dealing with technical customers.
- Expertise with high-volume, electro-mechanical products.
- Several years of design experience with sheet metal, injection molded plastics and stampings.
- Several years experience with 3D CAD, preferably Solid Works or Pro/E.
- Strong experience and knowledge of the consumer products industry.
- Ability to lead a cross functional team in the development of new products