Kappa Search Inc. is a Chicago professional recruiting agency that specializes in engineering, technology, operations and technical sales recruitment and placement. We are currently recruiting for a Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer to design injection molded, machined components, weldments and sheet metal stampings for high volume consumer electronic and E/M products.
- The Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for life-cycle development of high-volume consumer products.
- Will interface with marketing, technical documentation, test, production and quality to deliver innovative and reliable products.
- Will perform load and stress analysis and motion calculations.
- Design products for manufacture, quality and cost.
- Participate in failure analysis to enhance product reliability
- Source suppliers for quality, delivery and competitive price.
- Manage projects when necessary.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering. BSME or BSEE
- Several years experience designing plastic injection molded parts for high volume consumer electronic products.
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling, NPD and tolerance analysis is required.
- Must have proficiency with Pro/E, Creo and Windchill PLM.
- System level CAD administration and implementation is a plus