Kappa Search is a Chicago based technical recruitment firm that specializes in the recruitment and placement of engineering, manufacturing and technical management professionals. Currently, we are seeking a Sr. Mechanical Engineer for a client in the electronics & electro-mechanical products industry. The Sr. Mechanical Engineer will be decisive and have excellent presentation skills when communicating with upper-level management. The incumbent will ensure thorough completion of all new products/projects from initial conception to production.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- The Sr. Mechanical Engineer will think outside the box in developing new concepts, designs and manufacturing methods.
- Will interface with advanced development and R&D department to ensure smooth transition of products into the design and manufacturing process.
- Responsible for life cycle design of complex electro-mechanical systems and products.
- Oversee completion of tasks from design creation to production launch
- Collaborate with design and engineering professionals from design firms to marketing, suppliers and internal engineers.
- Initiate worst case analysis and assist in prototyping and troubleshooting efforts
- Support product testing and verify design specifications and requirements are satisfied.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, BSME. MSME is a plus.
- At least 5 years of Engineering experience (especially in new product design/development)
- Design engineering experience with stampings, injection molded plastics, sheet metal and mechanisms.
- Exposure to FEA and thermodynamics related design is a plus.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling/ Pro-Engineer, SolidWorks or Inventor tools for design purposes
- Willingness to travel on occasion