Kappa Search, a Chicago engineering recruitment firm, is currently recruiting for a Staff Engineer for a Fortune 500 client in the south suburbs of Chicago. Responsibilities and requirements are outline below:
- Develop rapid “proof of concept” models and prototypes.
- Responsible for new product design concepts including; analysis, system modeling and functional testing (algorithm, controls, calibration, and demo).
- Develop test procedures for functionality and robustness, sufficient for internal and external evaluation.
- Working closely with electronics/electrical engineering and control systems engineering to optimize the product development process.
- Form cooperative relationships with business units for smooth handoffs.
- Provide full documentation for complete transfer to business units.
- Propose new concepts to broaden our product portfolio.
- 7 -10 years mechanical engineering experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering required.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience with 3D CAD systems
- MS Office Suite, including MS Project
- Proven track record working in a fast past innovation-driven environment.
- Familiarity with automotive APQP, Lean Manufacturing, process robustness and control.
- Should be experienced with manufacturing processes (machining, stamping & forming, etc.), assembly and test for both prototype and production.
- Capable of developing process models, and physical prototypes for model verification when required.
- Experience interfacing with suppliers and internal departments.
- Experience with Kaizen, SMED, OEE, PFMEA, etc.