Kappa Search is currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Manager to manage the finishing, assembly, testing and packaging of mechanical products. The Manufacturing Manager will manage production/floor supervisors and report to the Plant Manager of the company. This individual should possess initiative, self-confidence and ambition. Will have the ability to identify manufacturing problems, think through options and implement solutions.
- Ensure plant safety
- Develop and implement quantitative methods and metrics to streamline production and improve quality.
- Maintain consistency in product quality and delivery
- Meet customer orders in a timely manner
- Implement Lean manufacturing techniques where applicable
- Maintain efficient utilization of manufacturing personnel
- Bachelors degree or equivalent. Engineering degree is a plus.
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment, assembly operation preferred
- Several years experience in a manufacturing supervisory role.
- Experience with metal finishing processes(polishing, buffing, plating and power coating) is a plus
- Hands-on, detail oriented individual
- Proven leadership ability
- Track record of driving change through the implementation of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques