Chicago Supply Chain Recruitment Firm Seeks a Purchasing Manager with Food & Beverage Industry Experience
Kappa Search is a Chicago recruiting firm that specializes in supply chain, operations and manufacturing recruitment and placement. We are actively recruiting for a Purchasing Manager with food and beverage industry experience. Responsibilities and requirements are outlined below.
- Will have overall responsibility for sourcing, procurement and contract management with food and beverage suppliers.
- Source, establish and negotiate agreements with vendors to guarantee consistent delivery, competitive pricing, and capacity allocation.
- Oversee the distribution channels for delivery of perishable items and products.
- Supervise and develop an existing team of buyers and purchasing support personnel.
- Manage pricing structure to meet or exceed input cost goals.
- Coordinate with corporate executive chefs to develop an international menu and ensure food and beverage cost goals are met without sacrificing quality.
- Analyze procurement and financial data with accounting/finance team
- Work with vendors to ensure food safety compliance, HACCP regulations, and FDA regulations.
- Manage day-to-day vendor relationships.
- Several years purchasing experience in the food and beverage industry
- Extensive knowledge of high end food and beverage operations
- Must have excellent organizational, communication and leadership skills
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, Outlook
- MRP/ERP experience
- Contract and negotiation skills
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)