Kappa Search Inc. is a Chicago technical recruiting firm that specializes in engineering, design, operations and management recruitment and placement. One of our clients, a leading design/build firm in the commercial HVAC industry, seeks a Project Manager for an excellent growth opportunity.
- Manage all aspects of HVAC projects; administration, implementation, and scope of all work assigned from bid process to job profitable execution and completion.
- Will be responsible for project management of commercial projects ranging from $50,000 to several million dollars.
- Will negotiate contracts and buy-outs with subcontractors and vendors
- Assemble and process submittals
- Track multiple projects to ensure customer satisfaction and company profitability.
- Oversee construction of HVAC systems to maintain quality and adherence to budget and deadlines.
- Research and select equipment, supplies and/or materials to be purchased
- Negotiate competitive prices for equipment and materials.
- As necessary, will review specifications, drawings, blueprints and schematics
- Review budgets for validity and accuracy
- Coordinate manpower/headcount for specific projects with management
- 2-10 years HVAC engineering, estimating and/or project management experience is required.
- Prior experience with a HVAC design/build contractor is preferred.
- Knowledge about mechanical design and engineering with HVAC systems
- CAD experience is a plus
- Organizational and delegating capabilities
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to prioritize objectives based on internal management and customer requirements.
- Strong communication skills to work effectively with customers
- Self-motivated to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have a strong math aptitude, analytical and problem solving skills
- Requires proficiency with MS-Office products