Position: Electrical Technician
Location: Chicago, IL
Overview: Kappa Search, Inc. is a leading technical recruiting firm based in Chicago that specializes in the permanent placement of candidates into manufacturing roles. We are currently looking to fill an Electrical Technician position for our client situated in the Chicago, IL area. The Electrical Technician will supervise electrical upkeep and repair for various pieces of equipment.
- Working with 3-axis and 5-axis vertical machining centers
- Utilizing Heidenhain, Siemens, and Fanuc controllers and various other types of equipment
- Maintaining and updating machinery, including repairs and replacements of parts.
- Troubleshooting electrical errors
- Working with CNC powered machines (custom multi-axis), specialty machines, and molding machines
- Associate’s in Electronics Technology strongly favored
- 5 or more years of real world experience in industrial electrical upkeep
- Familiarity with 3-axis and/or 5-axis CNC machining centers
- Knowledge of inverters, servo motors, 3-phase induction engines, and encoders, as well as linear calculating methods
- Working comprehension of PLCs and how to program them
- Willingness to work over time if needed
- Willingness to commute among northwest suburban locations if necessary