Kappa Search is a Chicago recruitment firm that specializes in design, engineering and construction management recruitment and placement. We are currently recruiting for a Chicago area HVAC contractor who specializes in commercial, institutional and design-build construction projects. Specifically, we seek a BIM MEP Designer who can design HVAC projects with Revit software. This job entails a wide range of skills that will be performed on a daily basis ranging from basic 3D design, HVAC engineering, project coordination and project management when necessary.
- Will create and consistently maintain a new Revit project along with the families, details, and schedules within those jobs.
- Electronically filing, organizing, and keeping all drawings and all other forms of paperwork up to date and in order.
- Coordinate between HVAC projects and other contractors on each site.
- Possess the ability to problem solve any immediate project issues.
- Effectively organizing and prioritizing multiple tasks to complete and meet deadlines.
- Interact effectively with project managers, field workers and other trades to maintain a collaborative and productive environment.
- An Associate’s degree or higher with studies towards BIM MEP and HVAC related construction is preferred.
- Knowledge of the industry standards including current building codes, SMACNA standards, and the most recent Title 24 codes is preferred. OSHPD experience is a plus.
- Several years experience in the commercial HVAC industry is preferred.
- Several years 3D modeling work experience is preferred.
- AutoCad, Revit and MS-Office proficiency. EnergyPro or equivalent is a plus