Position: Machine Maintenance Technician
Location: Chicago, IL
Overview: Kappa Search, Inc. is a leading manufacturing recruitment agency based in Chicago that specializes in the permanent placement of candidates into manufacturing roles. We are currently looking to fill a Machine Maintenance Technician position for our client situated in the Chicago, IL area. The Machine Maintenance Technician will help maintain CNC machines and other customized equipment. They will start at entry level with the opportunity to grow within the company.
- Safeguarding standardized materials’ quality and their mechanisms, such as: coolant, concentration, air pressure, skimmer modifications, etc.
- Keeping equipment inspection sheets up to date
- Maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment
- Documenting and analyzing the machine maintenance record’s discoveries on maintenance duties
- Ascertaining equipment’s integrity, per its description by personnel or manufacturing mandates
- Creating work order requests in regards to equipment maintenance
- Contributing to equipment installation, maintenance, and repair
- Finishing and painting equipment surfaces
- Aiding in the training of entry level technicians
- High School diploma
- Fluent in English
- 1+ years of experience in related field
- Familiarity with maintenance procedures and practices
- Awareness of safety regulations
- Working knowledge of mechanical drawings, sketches, and blueprints
- Understanding of measuring hand tools and how to read them
- Familiarity with all Level One tasks of the Machine Maintenance Technician job
- Experience with various maintenance disciplines like plumbing, electricity, etc.
- Comprehension of mechanical calibration requirements
- Some understanding and experience with 5s Lean preferred