Position: Senior Buyer
Location: Toledo, OH
Overview: Kappa Search, Inc. is a leading supply chain recruiting firm based in Chicago that specializes in the permanent placement of candidates into manufacturing roles. We are currently looking to fill a Senior Buyer position for our client situated in the Toledo, OH area. The Senior Buyer will create and maintain the company’s merchant foundation in North America as well as oversee its multimillion dollar buying portfolio.
Additional responsibilities Include:
- Directing the staff of buyers and their purchases throughout North America
- Establishing buying tactics, guidelines, and processes
- Discussing rates, agreements, and terms with retailers
- Analyzing and solving any and all errors within invoices, complaints, etc.
- Guaranteeing the evaluation of retailer applications, including but not limited to: market evaluation, cost evaluation, etc.
- Communicating with main shareholders and upper management about growth and outcomes
- Working with procedures in connection to accounting, quality control, execution management, and supplier assessments
- Confirming that the obtainment of materials meets the company’s safety, environmental, and quality mandates
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar field
- 10 or more years of experience as a buyer
- Excellent negotiator
- Successful team leader
- Strong communication abilities
- Knowledge of manufacturing procedures and supply chain direction
- Some knowledge of Epicor or similar ERP software preferred
- Understanding of manufacturing markets and their technical factions
- Comprehension of quality of assurance tenets