Position: Software Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
Compensation: $100,000 – $120,000
Overview: Kappa Search, Inc. is a leading engineering recruiting firm based in Chicago that specializes in the permanent placement of candidates into professional roles. We are currently looking for a Software Engineer for our client situated in the Chicago, IL area. The Software Engineer will lead the creation, implementation, and maintenance of applications as well as platforms for hardware. The Software Engineer will also collaborate with a marketing team throughout the process of a product’s creation. Additionally, they will be expected to aid and counsel junior engineers as well as travel internationally as needed.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Communicating with key product management personnel to recognize the practical prerequisites used in order to efficiently create designs, applications, and trials.
- Creating sturdy, accessible, and reusable system blueprints.
- Implementing and design tests on firmware using unit white box and system black box to produce traceability.
- Assessing and determining flaws such as those found during bench, lab, and production QA testing.
- Working with a team of engineers.
- At least a BSCS, BSCE, or BSEE
- Masters degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience
- Goal-focused programming experience
- Knowledge of the entire progression of production from design to trial
- Working understanding of software creation in embedded C
- Excellent communication skills
- Aptitude for critical thinking