Kappa Search Inc. is a technical recruitment firm that specializes in the permanent placement of engineering, technology, and manufacturing professionals. We are actively recruiting for a Staff Software Engineer with embedded applications experience for a client in West Suburban Chicago.
- Design and implement software and firmware solutions
- Outline requirements, technical specifications, HW/SW integration and test for new product delivery
- Interface with customers for new product and product enhancement feedback.
- Project manage and mentor a small team of junior engineers through the design and development process
- Design system architectures where necessary
- Troubleshoot software & firmware defects as needed
- Support regulatory engineering and on site manufacturing
- BSCS, BSCE, or BSEE required
- Masters degree is a plus
- 10+ years of software and firmware development experience
- RTOS experience
- Experience with communications protocols i.e. TCP, UDP, HTTP etc.
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Understanding of application development tools, processes, and technologies
- Knowledge of software development in embedded C
- Use of oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, and power supply
- Programming in C#, C++, Java, or .Net