Kappa Search is a Chicago technical recruitment firm that specializes in engineering, manufacturing and operations recruitment and placement. We are currently recruiting for a Tool Room Manager with plastics expertise.
Reporting directly into the Director of Manufacturing, the Tool Room Manager will be responsible for all activities related to the facility’s tool room:
- The incumbent will supervise plastics engineers, mold makers, mold technicians & mechanics, and mold cleaners who work on these molds.
- Implement and direct lean manufacturing methods such as 5S and SMED for tool room operations.
- Direct, review and approve tool design changes in order to improve mold design and achieve quality part and optimum cycles
- Consult on manufacturing processes by analyzing plastic part related problems in molding operations.
- Recommend corrective actions to tooling.
- Recommend part quality improvement and cost reductions
- Research and purchase of capital equipment; tool room machinery
- Establish tool room processes to ensure consistent application of mold repair techniques.
- Strong managerial capabilities and a demonstrated track record in implementing best practices in a plastics manufacturing operation.
- Must have previous supervisory/managerial experience in a plastics tool/mold shop.
- Injection and/or Blow molding, plastics expertise.
- Lean methods expertise, 5S and SMED
- Experience with a complex operation chain.