Kappa Search is an engineering recruitment firm that specializes in engineering, technology and manufacturing recruitment and placement. We are currently recruiting for a Sr. Electrical Engineer for hardware and firmware development of consumer products.
The incumbent will work in an electrical design engineering role within the electronics group designing robust hardware and firmware. This role involves working with hardware design primarily with some firmware development as necessary. This individual will interface with the engineering team, test labs, marketing, and manufacturing towards the successful implementation of consumer-based, electronic hardware products.
- Independently designs electronic hardware and firmware of electronic communications circuits, controls and control systems.
- Design, document and implement firmware, algorithms, low level drivers, digital signal acquisition, and communications protocol.
- Meet with customers and product managers to develop and document functional and technical specifications for new products.
- Analyze product design from existing products and modify existing designs as input to new products where applicable.
- Works closely with international manufacturing facilities to ensure the smooth transition of new designs into production
- Participates in cross functional team meetings.
- Assist and mentor other team members for any hardware/software issues.
- Ensure that the proper documentation is completed before design release.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years related engineering experience is required.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Experience with design, application, and manufacturing of various electronic devices and electrical components.
- Specific examples include analog and digital design including PCB assemblies; microcontroller based electronics and power circuits,
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in conceiving and developing embedded hardware and software controls, control systems, and user interfaces.
- Proficient in schematic and circuit design and layout using Cadence or similar CAD system
- Experience with MS Office applications: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, MS Visio.
- Understanding of design for manufacturing assembly (DFMA) .